If you’re installing “Live!” for the first time (2.0+), you don’t need to read the following.
If you’re updating from 1.6.5 or a lower version please follow the instructions below.
How to update ?
- Re-Download the theme on Themeforest
- Remove all files from the theme folder (wp-content/themes/live)
- Upload all new files
- Go in your WordPress dashboard. An admin notification will be displayed. Click on “Run the updater”
- Install and activate the recommended plugins
- Refresh your page
- Install and run Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (Admin bar -> Tools -> Regenerate Thumnails) to re-crop your images
Why should I update ?
Live! has been re-built to offer the best features possible.
- Code structure rebuilt
- Post types now available as plugins (so you can switch between themes without losing your content)
- More options and fields for the tour dates
- Added categories to Videos
- Added Band and Label Taxonomy to Discography
- Many minor design improvements
- Retina ready UI icons
- You can now use the WordPress text editor for custom content area (home header, top holder and bottom holder etc…)
- Custom Backgrounds now use the Media Library
- Added home header parallax background option
- Added Google Font manager
- Theme Options cleaned
- Admin Style updated for WP 3.8
- Recommended plugins automatically installed on theme activation
- Added Woocommerce Compatibility
- Bundled RevSlider ($15 value)
- Post Format Tabs removed for more simplicity and cross-theme compatibility
- Theme update available with zip upload
- Child Theme Template included
It is strongly recommended to update as the old version of the theme won’t be supported.
Find this useful ? 7