I am having troubles with the Videos Shortcode not displaying on a post or page.
I have uploaded one video in .mp4 format. The other 3 entries in my video section are embeded from YouTube.
Am I doing something wrong? The shortcode I am using is:
[wolf_last_videos] , which I typed by using the “paragraph” format.
Thanks for a great theme!
Posted 3 years ago
A featured image must be set for each video.
You can generate a thumbnail automatically for youtube or vimeo, but you will have to set your own image for your self hosted video
I hope it will help
Posted 3 years ago
This post was super helpful for my woes.
I do have a problem with the usability of this issue.
Here’s my experience as a user:
• I add a new video post to Videos post-type.
• I provide a title and URL for the post
• WYSIWYG auto displays video
• Video Thumbnail widget states “You will be able to generate a video thumbnail and use it as featured image for this post when it is published.”
• I publish the page
• Video Thumbnail widget states, “A video has been attached to this post. Click on “Generate” to create a thumbnail from this video”
• I click Generate
• A thumbnail of the video appears, as well as one under Featured Image widget
So now I’m thinking, “You will be able to generate a video thumbnail and use it as featured image for this post when it is published.”
This leads me to think it’s time to Update the post, both the video thumbnail and featured image are ready to go!
• I update the post
• I see my video thumbnail
• Where did my featured image go? It has disappeared?
• Upon testing, I see no videos show where I’ve used my shortcode
• I disable all my plugins except Wolf Video
• I revert theme to TwentySixteen
• I read this thread… YES!
Would it not be possible to simply use the Video Thumbnail that’s been generated?
Currently, you’re adding another step in the process for the user and confusing me, a developer who does this daily, why I need to physically select a Featured Image when the image was shown to me after generating a Video Thumbnail.
Forgive me if I’m rambling, or sounding as though I’m complaining, I’m simply providing my experience.
Any thoughts of how this could be streamlined and save confusing for other users?
Thanks for all your help. Great work on the theme and plugins guys.